Oxblood Germanium Overdrive
Keeley’s Original Overdrive Just Got A Lot Bolder
We’ve taken out the compression and added a germanium transistor to the output. Bolder and Smoother! With less compression now, the Oxblood Germanium Overdrive sounds more like a true “tube-amp” and flattens out the mid-range. Next we couldn’t help adding a touch of our favorite germanium transistor! This takes out any harness from that release of compression. I call it perfection.
Oh, and these are 100% hand built. The craftsmen and designers at Keeley wanted this to be our finest and loudest moment, so we made it in the “Thunder” color scheme. AND, this is the first run of cases we powder coated in house! A first for Keeley that we are very proud of!
The Oxblood Germanium Overdrive is our response to everyone cloning the “Mythical Beast” pedal. We decided to build an original design. We wanted to build a new circuit that let players blend from perfectly clean to amp-crushing roar. We wanted that impossibly huge and focused midrange that makes any guitar… Strat, Paul, Tele, sound incredible. We knew we could do it our way and offer you more tone. So we designed this pedal over the course of a few days to outdo the old pedal. I am confident we not only drew blood, we crafted a #killer
Clean, Distortion, Fuzz – It’s All There
With the Oxblood Germanium Overdrive you roll off the Drive Control down and get a perfectly clean sound, you can dial in any amount of distortion and volume to stomp an amp into pure tonal nirvana. The Keeley Oxblood Germanium Overdrive offers you two ways to clip and saturate your signal with overtones by selecting carefully chosen diodes, these are different than the standard Oxblood. These were chosen to give you bigger more open amp tones, without a lot of compression.
The key to the ultimate overdrive in our opinion is the ability to control five different parameters.
- Bass response. Phat Switch, cuts bass response to give you that classic Screamer or K-like midrange shelving. The bass response when cut is saturated with a hint of 2nd order harmonics. Punchy and full yet not overbearing. It cuts like a buffalo, what can I say?
- Clipping. Sometimes there just ain’t enough gain in the world. Well not with this beast. The Clipping Switch gives you the ability to sing with near infinite sustain or just stand on your amp like a chief. Honest amp tones with just the right amount of germanium transistor to smooth things over.
- Tone Control. You need to be able to dial in the highs perfectly or nothing else matters right? The highs are what makes it ear candy or ice picks. Heck we give you the range to do whatever the heck you want to do.
- Volume. You have to be able to put the pedal to the metal whenever you darn well chose. Voltage doubling in our circuit gives you just that. Headroom for days. Slay an amp, leave it a bloody mess. No you won’t blow tubes, but you will have them at the right temperature to make them glow with delight.
- Drive. What? You want me to describe Drive? Shoot, from “Is it on?” cleans to searing sustain and saturation. It pushes you. Compels you to play. Non-stop playing…
- Midrange. Wait. Didn’t I say 5? Well, the 6th sign of a wonderful overdrive pedal is what’s under the hood. It’s masterful creation of sultry mids. The kind of mids singers or cellos are known for. Throaty and powerful. Not just a woman tone, but a manly roar. Not congested and stuffed up. Focused and brilliant.
The Oxblood Germanium Overdrive was designed by Robert Keeley and Craighton Hale with a lot of help and insight from Jack Orman. Jack Orman has been a pioneer in the modern world of effects for 20 years. His thoughts and ideas are incorporated by nearly every boutique builder out there. Here is your chance to hear a brand new creation designed to outperform any of the clones.